All About Sound Talk
Sound Talk is an Independent Speech and Language Therapy service established in 2014 by Rachael Tuckley, Specialist Paediatric Speech and Language Therapist.
We are passionate about helping children to communicate because we know the impact that timely and effective Speech and Language Therapy has on a child’s life.
Sound Talk offers specialist assessment and therapy for children age 11 and under with a range of speech, language and communication needs.
Appointments can take place at your home or your child's school/nursery Monday to Friday.
Sound Talk is based in Burnage and offers services in Manchester, Stockport and Trafford.
Rachael obtained a First Class Honours Degree in Clinical Language Sciences (Speech and Language Therapy) from Leeds Metropolitan University in 2005. She has worked as a Paediatric Speech and Language Therapist in the Manchester and North West area for 10 years. During this time she has worked with children in clinics, nurseries, primary schools, community centres and family homes. Rachael also spent 2 years working in Kenya as a Speech and Language Therapy volunteer with Voluntary Service Overseas, working with Kenya Institute of Special Education.
Rachael has considerable experience working with children who have difficulties with:
- Speech sounds (difficulty saying specific sounds or sounds getting mixed up)
- Language (difficulty understanding and using words)
- Stammering or stuttering
- Attention and Listening
- Social communication difficulties or Autistic Spectrum Condition
She is particularly passionate about working with bilingual and multilingual children with speech, language and communication needs.
Rachael values continuing professional development and is licensed to deliver:
- "Learning Language and Loving It" - The Hanen Programme for Early Childhood Educators
- "More Than Words" - The Hanen Programme for Parents of Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder or Social Communication Difficulties
- Elklan Speech and Language Support for 0-3s
- Elklan Speech and Language Support for 3-5s